Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Good Things Come in Small Packages

This evening, I arrived home to find a rather small box waiting for me at my front door. Now, I guess you couldn't objectively call it small, but it looked small to me considering I knew there was a full pound of fiber inside -- my order from Crown Mountain Farms. I fully blame the ladies over at Lime and Violet for alerting me to their big summer sale (psst! it's on until the end of July!), although to be fair, I had been wanting to try the famous CMF sw merino for quite some time. The sale proved to be just the impetus I needed to break out the credit card. So, after patiently waiting about a week and a half, here are the latest additions to my stash:

"San Francisco" (above) and "In the Skies" (below)

Each of these bumps is 8.5 ounces of extremely soft superwash merino. I haven't pulled them apart yet, but they look like they will require very little predrafting before spinning. I'm going to try a traditional three-ply sock yarn with at least one of these, and I'm anxious to get going on that, so I'm going to be working to finish up the BFL you saw yesterday by the end of the week (so far, spinning about half an hour every day seems to be working well).

Meanwhile, the knitting continues on my mystery shawl; I think I have about 12 rows of the fourth chart left to knit before I can start the edging. We had a rather crazy, but fun, weekend, so I didn't get in as much time on it as I would have liked. I'm going to focus on the shawl this week and this weekend, however, so that I can finish up if at all possible by next Friday, when the Olympics start and I cast on for my Shetland Triangle.

5 comments:

  1. ooooh, pretty pretty CMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Score! And the socks too.

    BFL - blue faced Leicester? I hear it spins like butter. I have got to learn to spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fluffy! Makes me want to reach in and pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Shetland Triangle is such a great pattern, you're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:25 AM

    It wasn't until now that I was so glad I'm so far behind on blog reading. I would've broken my credit card at the Crown Mountain website.

    Have fun spinning it. I'm oh so jealous!

    ReplyDelete