Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bordering on Obsession

With approximately 12 hours to go until the Ravelympics begin, I am in a mad dash to get as much as I can get done on the border of my mystery shawl. Here it is after a couple hours of work last night (yes, I knit lace at the meeting of the Hurricane Knitters!):

It's really starting to look huge, but the sad thing is that I'm not even halfway done yet. I'm under no illusions that I will finish this tonight, so this shawl will go into hibernation starting at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, when I will be casting on for my Olympic project.

Speaking of the Shetland Triangle, it looks like I'm not going to be the only one knitting it -- Jen cast on for hers (in a gorgeous color of DIC Smooshy) at knit night last night. I'm trying to convince her that it's easier to knit lace from a chart than from written directions (at least I find it to be so). I was getting quite jealous and wanted to cast on my own last night, in spite of the fact that I had a lap full of lace already. In any case, I have everything ready to go, and I will be casting on at 8 a.m. sharp tomorrow.

Those of you who did not make it to Hurricane Knitting last night missed a visit from a special guest: Rufus the wonder dog! He's a lot bigger in person than I thought he'd be. I wish I'd had the foresight to get out my camera and take some pictures with something for scale, but I was too busy giving him scritches. Thank you to The MWP for facilitating the canine visit!

4 comments:

  1. You should have seen the piles of hair that were on the ground by the time we left! Tumbleweeds everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your mystery shawl already looked big. If you're not even halfway finished, it's going to be HUGE when you block it. Just think of the miles of lace that you'll be able to wrap yourself in!

    As far as the Shetland Triangle goes, I predict you'll have cast on and be finished within days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo - pretty, swirly, lacy goodness!
    I'm sure your Shetland Triangle will be gorgeous, too :)

    P.S. Love your pink handspun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:37 PM

    So basically you were attempting a Herculean task right before an Olympian one? ;)

    The shawl looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete