Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Just a Peek

It's been an interesting week, and not very productive as far as knitting is concerned. Rainbow has been sick with croup, which in addition to making her sound like a barking seal also caused a rather high fever that had us up with her and on the phone with a nurse at Children's Hospital until very late Monday night (or very early Tuesday morning, depending on how you look at it). I've been dragging since then, so I haven't made much progress on anything. My Kool Aid socks are complete and taking a bath right now, and I made a little headway on my Acer Cardigan last night (but I'll wait until I can get some decent lighting to take a progress picture).

Meanwhile, during my lunchtime knitting, I've been working on a little design of my own invention. I may potentially try to publish it if I can get it to work out to my satisfaction, so for now all I can show you is a little cuff action.

I loves me some corrugated ribbing! I'm using up some more of the Knit Picks Palette from the stash for the test knit, though I have some nice yarn picked out for the real thing once I work out all the kinks.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend! One of my best friends, who I haven't seen since my wedding, is coming in for a visit this weekend, so I'm looking forward to catching up with her -- and, with any luck, on my sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Croup is a scary thing with wee ones! Hope Rainbow is doing much better and you have caught up on your sleep. Enjoy your 'friend time'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that cuff looks fantastic! (gee, big surprise I like those colors, huh?) Glad Rainbow is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete