Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This Is the Shawl That Never Ends ...

I have just about reached my limit on my Stripe Study Shawl. I'm a little more than 2 inches into the border (after working on it for nearly a week and a half) and my progress is moving along at a snail's pace. The rows are so long now that I can only get about two done during my lunch break. The thing also has overgrown its project bag and has been relocated to a gallon-sized ziploc bag.


As you can see, there's still a good amount of yarn left, and I could conceivably knit until I run out of yarn. The question is whether I want to. I spread the shawl out after taking this photo, and it appears to be pretty big. Some gentle encouragement in blocking will make it bigger.

So, dear readers, what do you think? Should I knit the requisite 4 inches and call it a day? End the misery now? Or bite the bullet and use up the yarn?

3 comments:

  1. What would you use the leftovers for? Are you still working on scrap blankets?

    OTOH, it's your knitting and if it's making you sad, then stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. knit the 4 inches- the wide border sets off the stripes. then stick a fork in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lot of garter stitch, I don't think I would have been able to get as far as you did. If it's driving you nuts, bind it off!

    ReplyDelete