Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Almost Yarn

Just a quick post from me tonight, as it's Sunday and I technically don't quite have yarn to share yet. I did manage to finish all my singles earlier today, and now they are resting before I can ply. As a reminder, I started with this superwash BFL from Bee Mice Elf:


I undid the braid, folded the length of top in half, and broke it apart at the fold line. Then I spun up the two halves. I decided on a two ply because I thought it would keep the colors more distinct. The fiber was such a delight to spin. I started spinning on Friday night, finished up the first bobbin and started the second last night, and then finished the second today -- probably less than four hours of spinning time total. The fiber was prepped so beautifully that it drafted with ease and I went into total autopilot spinning mode.


This fiber was so beautiful as it was spinning up, and unfortunately the really vibrant colors are hidden underneath the top layer of these bobbins. I can't wait to see how this looks plied up!

2 comments:

  1. What I love about those colours is that I don;t see them anywhere else. I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your almost yarn. I think the muted colors on the top are gorgeous!! The minty green and gray...*drool*

    ReplyDelete