Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Getting Ready to Dash

My knitting has not changed much since last I posted. I did not get to knit during lunch yesterday (we had a work lunch function, so that meant I didn't get my alone time to knit), so my progress on my hat has been limited. I should still be able to finish it up by the weekend, though, so all is good on that front.

Last night was knit night for my little group, and it was a meeting I was finally able to get to (the Mister has been out of town or at work events for a lot of meeting dates recently). I spent the evening working on my Airflow. I managed to reach the required body length and just start on the short row section for the first front before it was time to go home. Once the short row sections are done, all that will be left on the body is the ribbing at the bottom (I think it's only about an inch), so the sweater is moving right along. It doesn't look much different from the last time you saw it, so how about a picture of pretty yarn instead?

Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce self-striping in Doubletree

I recently started watching the KnitGirllls video podcast (with some difficulties, because my iPod is apparently too old to handle some of the video files). If you watch or watch or listen to other podcasts, you may have heard of their Stash Dash competition. The idea is to challenge yourself to finish projects during the summer, and you can choose a goal for yourself (3K, 5K, or 10K). I've decided to sign up this year, and I'm setting myself a rather lofty goal of 5K -- it seemed fitting, given that it's also my running goal. Things that have been started prior to the kickoff of Stash Dash count toward your goal as long as they're finished during the competition, which is part of the reason I haven't tried to finish the hat sooner or plied some of the singles I've been spinning. I'm going to try to use this event as a good excuse to try to burn through some of my stash (both yarn and fiber). As the Tour de Fleece falls in the middle of it, I'll have two good excuses to do a lot of spinning. Stash Dash officially starts tomorrow, so don't be surprised if there's a sudden uptick in my knitting and spinning activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment