Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Bonus Time

I started out this week expecting it to be a crazy one. The Mister is traveling for work, which means I'm doing all the shuttling of Rainbow to and from school, doing all the bedtime duties, and doing all the cooking and cleaning around the house in addition to working. We've got stuff coming up this weekend, including a 5K race that both the Mister and I are signed up for. I figured I'd be running around a lot and not getting much knitting done. So you can imagine my surprise when I found myself with a couple hours of bonus knitting time yesterday afternoon.

You see, yesterday morning, I woke up with a swollen, red, slightly painful pinkie toe. I managed to get in to see my doctor at lunchtime. Somehow, despite any obvious injury, I had gotten a skin infection. So she put me on antibiotics and told me to go home and elevate my foot as much as possible. My mother told me she'd pick Rainbow up from school, so I spent a couple of hours with my foot on a stack of pillows, knitting and binge-watching episodes of Gilmore Girls. As a result, I've made quite a bit of progress on my cowl.


I'm now nearly to the third and final stranded section, and after that's complete, there's just some stripes left to knit. I might even finish this by the end of the week if I can keep up the pace. I know that would please Rainbow, as she really wants me to get started on her new school sweater, and I must admit that I have several new design ideas I'm itching to swatch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment