Pages

Monday, March 06, 2023

A Peek at My Weekend (with a Bonus New Pattern)

The weekend went by quickly, as it always does, but this one had a lot of good things.

We had our first dinner back at my parents' of the new year, though of course we were missing my dad. Leo the dog was there, though, while his parents were at a childbirth class. We ate homemade challah with dinner, too:


On Saturday morning, Rainbow and I drove about 20 miles away to a small fiber event. We ended up spending more time in the car than actually at the event, but it was worth it. Here's what came home with us:

I was not intending to buy any yarn, but I saw these gorgeous burnt oranges and reds and browns, and before I knew it, they were in my arms. I'll be using them for a Birch Pullover. Rainbow bought the green skein, and we'll fight it out over who gets the soaps. These all came from Rebecca of Dusty Tree Soap/Dyeworks; her yarn is all dyed in small batches with no dyelots, so I picked skeins that all looked like they went together and will be doing a lot of blending.

There was some successful lace knitting on my Love Note once I learned how to count correctly:

I promise it'll look better when blocked!


And there was some spinning as well, with the first of three bobbins of singles spun:

Kingfisher on Corriedale from Southern Cross Fibre

Last but not least, there was some brownie baking in my fancy new pan, which I purchased after Kym blogged about her even fancier one:

Now I'm starting off what is looking like it will be a busy week, but it will at least be a shorter one, because my office is closed on Friday -- one of the benefits of working for an institution of higher education is that there are random days off, in this case, the Friday of spring break week! It's also my birthday week, but my actual birthday will be a long day ending with an in-person board meeting. Ugh. In any case, I've decided to kick it off by publishing my center-out, top-down, any yarn, any gauge hat pattern!


It's called Spinning in Infinity and is available in my Ravelry and Payhip shops. It's written for five sizes (toddler to adult large) and includes a photo tutorial for the cast-on method.

I hope that your weekend was full of good things and that your Monday is off to a good start!

6 comments:

  1. What fun to go fiber-hunting with Rainbow! Erin and I used to love going to fiber events together (even though I never could convince her to learn to knit . . . ). We always had such fun. :-) I'm so glad you tried your new brownie pan. Did it give you the all-edge goodness you were hoping for??? XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. With challah, brownies, and fiber this sounds like a very good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to go to a mini-fiber fest! And what lovely finds! How was the brownie pan? (The lingering brownies look amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to come! The hat is very pretty. Those are some spunky, happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide what looks best: the challah, the brownies, or those gorgeous skeins of orange and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on that hat pattern. It looks great. The bread and the brownies look delicious. It's very fun that you and your daughter share the fiber hobbies. That new yarn looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete