Pages

Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday, Monday

Good morning from a very rainy Pittsburgh! After 21 days without measurable rain (the ninth longest dry stretch in history, according to the meteorologists), we finally had some come through late yesterday, and it looks like it will be wet here for most of the day. It has been so dry here that I don't mind the gloom or that I'll either have to put off my run by a day or get wet.

We had a pretty relaxing weekend here. We had a bar mitzvah to go to on Saturday morning and then walked up to a restaurant in our neighborhood for dinner, so I only did a bit of knitting for Worldwide Knit in Public Day (but then I knit in public all the time, so it's not such a big deal for me). And yesterday we got together with some friends at their parents' pool for a couple of hours before the rain moved in. Thanks to all that knitting time, I am more than halfway done with my mother-in-law's socks:

It's hard to see, but I've already started the heel on the second sock. Shortie socks are so good for instant gratification! I did wind off some yarn so I could start the second sock in the same place in the striping sequence, so I hope the two socks will more or less match.

Today should be a pretty typical Monday for me, aside from the rain. I do have a long weekend ahead of me, though: I'm taking a day off on Friday (one of my two annual personal days before it disappears at the end of the month) ahead of the Taylor Swift concert that evening, and then my office is closed next Monday for Juneteenth. At some point before Friday I have to do my annual self-appraisal for work, which is positively my least favorite thing to do -- I literally do the same thing, day in, day out, so I really don't have anything original to say each year; I always joke that one day I'm just going to write, "I found the mistakes and I fixed them."

Hope your Monday is a good one!

11 comments:

  1. Is Mo getting to go to a Taylor Swift concert????? She must be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to see Taylor Swift?!? So jealous! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a Taylor Swift fan (in the minority, I know), but have fun - both of you (assuming Mo is going). Those shortie socks are so colorful - they will just have to cheer up your MIL. One of my favorite things at the moment is realizing I will not be doing a self appraisal this year! They are done at the end of the year and since I am planning on quitting, why bother? I love your idea of just writing "I found the mistakes and fixed them." That is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm neutral on Taylor Swift, but I hope you have fun! I did read something about her accidentally swallowing a bug last week but she doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects. I could hardly believe that was news, in the Washington Post, no less. Those socks are looking great and I think you should write that perfectly descriptive sentence for your self-appraisal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay rain! I'm hoping that Taylor is recording some of the Eras concerts and will release a video—the clips and photographs I've seen look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard that the TS concert is pretty incredible! (She just played in Detroit over the weekend for 2 nights, and I know several people who went and LOVED it.) Enjoy every moment! And those stripes are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh--that made me laugh! Those self-appraisals...
    The socks are spectacular! Lucky MIL.
    I'll bet it feels totally different attending bar/bat mitzvahs now that you're all through Mo's!
    Enjoy this rain. (We sure are...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rain was such a treat! It smelled so amazing outside! (and I am hoping that tonight's forecast of rain is correct... rain at night is such a treat!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GAH how did I miss TAYLOR SWIFT CONCERT in your summer plans??!! I'm honestly not even a fan (I don't think I know a single song) but this concert seems like THE event of the year. I hope you have an outfit. and is Mo going, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the concert. I have seen many mamas with their teens at her concerts around the country. Love those socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for rain! And I hope today (your last day of the work week) is swift and easy!

    ReplyDelete