Pages

Friday, August 28, 2026

Let the Eating Begin

Things have been a little weird this week and I've had a hard time keeping track of what days it is, but I am completely sure that today is Friday, and thank goodness for that. We had dinner at some friends' on Tuesday and were home late, and then last night Molly went to a friend's house for dinner so the Mister and I went out. All of that is outside our normal schedule, so I'm not surprised I've been thrown off.

The construction in our neighborhood is still ongoing and blocked our street again yesterday (fortunately I didn't need to get the car out), and when I called the gas company, all they could tell me was that the work was happening now. The customer service rep also told me that they always notify residents when work is going to be happening, but somehow not a single neighbor I've talked to has heard a thing, so it's not just a case of us missing a piece of mail! I've gotten mostly used to the inconvenience, but it makes my running route and Ruthie's usual walk route a bit like an obstacle course. I guess it's good to keep things interesting!

We have a bit of a big weekend coming up, though the primary activity will be eating. Tomorrow is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't really want to do anything to commemorate it, but my brother and I convinced them that it was a big milestone and we needed to mark it in some way. So their siblings from out of town are all coming in for the weekend (one uncle is local and just has to drive across town). We're doing a casual dinner Friday night, a fancier dinner on Saturday night, and brunch on Sunday before the out-of-towners go home. In between I'm sure we'll just be hanging out at my parents', where I'm sure my mother will be pushing snacks on us.

This isn't much of an update outside of life stuff, and that's mainly because the knitting is much the same. Will you settle for a cute photo of Ruthie?

This is what she looked like the other morning when I got up to refill my coffee and maybe had just realized that I was coming back and not leaving her. Her expression seems to be saying that she doesn't understand why I would think it odd that she was hiding under the couch.

Have a good weekend and see you back here on Monday with 100% more knitting content!

5 comments:

  1. A weekend of eating is always a good thing! It sounds like your week has been full of the unexpected - both trials and delights. It's a good thing Ruthie can always bring a smile!

    Happy Anniversary to your parents. Here's to 50 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your parents! That is a BIG milestone for sure. Enjoy the foodie weekend. Such a sweet pic of Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to your parents! That is indeed a milestone and one worthy of celebration! And Ruthie... ever the darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to your parents. I'm betting they are glad for the celebration, and appreciate that you've kept it semi-low key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your parents a Happy Anniversary! Fifty years is a milestone and worth celebrating. Enjoy your weekend of eating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment! I try to reply to all comments if I can, but I can only do that if I have your email address. If yours isn't associated with your Blogger account and you'd like me to respond to your comments, please send me an email so I have it!