We've officially begun the countdown to the first day of school year. Molly goes back (for a half day, sheesh) on the 31st, so next week is her last week of summer break. All this month she's been working on her summer reading assignment and a whole bunch of chemistry assignments (to prepare for AP Chem this year). I'm also preparing for my next big knitalong, which starts September 9, so although I'd like to start a sweater, I'm waiting until it counts for imaginary internet points and biding my time until then with some smaller charity projects. You've already seen the current hat, which is growing a couple of inches or so each day and is now maybe a third of a Ruthie:
I also started some Snowball Throwin' Mittens (Ravelry link), though this time around I'm picking up and knitting the cuffs in superwash yarn before felting.
The part that will be felted is knit in Cascade Eco Wool (bulky), and I'm using some leftover Fibernymph Dye Works Bona Fide (DK) for the cuff. I knit a different pattern a couple of years ago using superwash for the cuff and non-superwash for the hand and it worked well, so I'm hoping that's the case here
It should be a less-dramatic weekend here, particularly as the Mister is recovering well but not yet up for running or biking yet. Molly is slated to work Saturday and Sunday, and there's an arts festival in our neighborhood's business district both days, so she should be busy and not interested in doing much when she gets home. We're planning to take my in-laws out for dinner tonight, and that's all that's on the social calendar. All of that is just fine with me!
Have the best weekend available to you, friends, and see you back here on Monday.
All that rain yesterday was a boon for knitting! I bound off the Assigned Pooling shawl! Wooo! It is soaking right now but will be blocking soon and I hope that a fan facilitates drying... it is rather humid out!
ReplyDeleteWe received 2" of rain in under an hour yesterday! It was teeming outside and pooling on the yard and patio. BUT, our humidity is much, much lower today - or at least that's how it feels. The hat is looking good and I'm thinking that not long ago it would have been half a Ruthie - your dog is growing!! Looking forward to learning more about your upcoming sweater. And...a less-dramatic weekend sounds perfect. Hopefully that will be the case.
ReplyDeleteAfter all that rain we have a lovely day today and I'm hoping you do, too! I used to hate this time of year and my kids certainly did, too, after they had waited all summer to do assignments. I'm trying to imagine what you can do for chemistry without a lab, but AP Chem is intense enough that anything you can do to prepare is a plus. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteLike Bonny, I used to watch my kids struggle to do their summer assignments in those last days of break. I mean, really. Who wants to write papers in the thick of summer . . . so I do understand the putting-things-off til the end. But as a parent, it's No Fun to hear the sighing and complaining. (I don't think my kids ever did summer science work, though . . . ) I hope you have a lovely and relaxing weekend, with maybe a little less rain!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend! When it comes to weather, I know that too much is not better than not enough. Still, it's hard not to be envious of rain. It's forecast to be 100 degrees today here with a Fire Weather Watch. We're hoping to get into the mountains for huckleberries tomorrow, though we've probably missed them, it's been so dry and hot. We used to pick over Labor Day, but well, things have changed.
ReplyDelete