Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

Down to one sock

I've been a surprisingly monogamous knitter the past week. Ever since I finished the first Pomotamus, I've been focusing all my attention on J's sock.


This is not the best picture -- the socks are actually burgundy, not pink -- but here you see the first, completed sock on the left and approximately two-thirds of the second sock (I'm several rows past the completion of the gussets in the foot). J tried on the first sock this weekend, and it fit him perfectly, nice and cozy. I'm planning on focusing almost entirely on the second sock this week so that he'll have the completed pair by this weekend -- so he can put it in a drawer with the other socks I've knit him until next winter. Oh well, thus is the paradox of the obsession of sock knitting.

I did violate my yarn diet this weekend, but J was with me and it only made a small dent in my wallet. Take a gander at my stash enhancement, courtesy of Knit One:


Here are four skeins of Cascade 220 in color 8339 (Knit One calls it "Marine"). This is destined to be Forecast, pour moi. I was inspired after I saw Carrie's version -- so cute! The necessary Addis have been ordered care of Knit Picks, and once I publish this post I will be setting up my swift and yarn winder to make me some yarn cakes.

Not much other knitting to report. Haven't started the attempt at reversing the Pomatomus pattern. Maybe once J's socks are done.

I continue to be amazed by the comments I've been getting -- not only because they've been so nice, but I've been shocked by the fact that I have readers outside the U.S.! By my count, I've now received comments from three continents (that would be North America, Europe, and Australia). Hello especially to Dipsy, who decided to de-lurk. I'm curious how all of you who are outside of my immediate area found me. Please leave me a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

  1. The socks look so pretty and glossy. They'll be very cozy, I'm sure! Pretty cascade color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dipsy's awesome, isn't she? I think she just follows links from blog to blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 AM

    I was wondering how you were talking him into wearing hot pink socks until I finally read that the color was actually burgandy! They look nice. And I LOVE the color of cascade 220 you chose. That sweater will be awesom.

    ReplyDelete