Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

WIP, Resurrected

I finished J's socks last night (while watching this -- so good). I will wait until I have a shot of him wearing them to do the full write-up, but here's a peek at them blocking:

(At least here you get a better sense of their actual color -- see, no pink!)

For a moment there I found myself without a SIP (Sock In Progress), so I had to cast on another one for my work knitting. I decided to do Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, in a lovely shade of green in Knit Picks Essential. I will spare you from a progress shot, since right now there's little more than 2o rows of K2P1 ribbing.

Now that my travel project is settled, it's time to pull out an old WIP for my home knitting. Remember this?

Here is Trellis, which by my reckoning has been sitting untouched since before the start of the Knitting Olympics (here's proof). I'm not especially rushed to finish this -- the intended wearer isn't due to make his debut until July -- but I thought it would be a good idea to get a move on before my Addis come (tomorrow, I hope!) and I get all distracted by Forecast.

Now I'm off to play some more Da Vinci Code quest -- Yvonne has got me hooked!

1 comment:

  1. Like your socks.
    Yvonne and I did a swap and I saw your blog link on hers.
    Good luck with the DaVinci Code game.

    ReplyDelete