Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm Related to Bigfoot

They took me about two weeks -- two very long weeks! -- but my brother-in-law's socks are finally done.

Pattern: 2x2 rib worked over 68 stitches, decreased to 64 stitches for the foot
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential (75% superwash wool, 25% nylon), colorway Navy, two skeins
Needles: two 12" US 1 (2.5 mm) Addi Turbo circs
Started/Completed: November 26/December 11
Recipient: my big-footed brother-in-law

Just how big are these socks? Here are some shots for comparison. For starters, they're more than an inch longer than my rather sizeable feet.

They're noticeably bigger than the average banana.

They're even bigger than The Mister's laptop!


All I can say is that my brother-in-law had better appreciate these! Assuming he does, and he wants more socks, he'd better like socks knit from heavier yarn.

8 comments:

  1. Yup. I knit Chris' ONE pair of socks out of Fiesta Boomerang. A really soft thick yarn makes Sasquatch Socks in a lovely black bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, bigger than the latop? That's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm...two weeks? Maybe I better put my Noro scarf down and go work on my hubby's size 12 socks. Glad you finished!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A true labor of love those socks are - and a very funny post to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking on behalf of Bigfoots everywhere - they look great but if he hates them I'm calling dibs! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:56 PM

    OMG!!!!!!!!!! You had me RMAOFL!!!!!!! What do they say? How big the feet are = size of ?? and you have it next to a banana!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! You are a kind and wonderful SIL. Who may want to start touting the wonders of socks made from bulky yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:22 PM

    OMG, man socks in navy! You must really love your Brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete