Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Remember Me?

Hi there! No, I have not fallen on the face of the earth, though the lack of enthusiasm about blogging continues (I think it must have something to do with the fact that I'd much rather be knitting or spinning in the evenings than sit at my computer). However, I have made significant progress on my current projects, so I thought a brief update was warranted.

First of all, I'm on to the yoke part of my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I'm in the very boring knit-back-and-forth portion of it, before a round of decreases and the fun part (i.e., the cabling) begins. And, as usual, I'm already starting to worry about running out of yarn. I have, I think, three more complete skeins left after this one.

I'm also very close to being finished with my Waves of Grain. I have about 24 more rows until I'm done with the specified number of repeats on the second half, though I might continue for longer than that both to make the ends match up as closely as possible when grafting and to use up more yarn.

Meanwhile, on the spinning front, I have still not finished my merino/silk laceweight, though I'm getting close. I've plied about half of it; my goal is to have it completely finished by the weekend, if only so I can start spinning this:

This is the May/June spinalong fiber from All Spun Up. I'd thought about sitting this round out, but I'm so glad I decided not to -- these are so my colors, and the fiber is superwash merino, which is, of course, my favorite fiber for sock yarn. I'll give you one guess what I plan to spin it into.

And, as I did not want this fiber to get lonely on its trip across the county, I ordered another bump of merino/silk from Kristin as well:

Tomorrow is the third Wednesday of the month, which means I'll be joining the Hurricane Knitters at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble starting at about 7 p.m. Hope to see you there if you're in the neighborhood!

9 comments:

  1. I love those rovings. They almost make me wish I wanted to spin. Have fun without me at Hurricanes tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your Tangled Yoke Cardigan - can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. after a day at work, the alst thing i want to do is come home and sit in front of another. hahaha i hear you.

    i love your fiber! and your sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:06 PM

    You're really moving along on your tangled yoke!


    What pretty fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rovings are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty fiber! Looking forward to seeing your finished sweater. Looks like you'll be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that TYC most especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure understand the low blogging enthusiasm - I've been there! I seem to have found a good middle of the road once every week or 2 blogging schedule that works for me :-)

    If you have 3 full skeins left, I don't think you need to worry - the decreases happen fast - I'd be concerned if you only had one, but no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:37 PM

    I also haven't felt like blogging much recently. I've been knitting and doing other stuff, but I've lost some enthusiasm for blogging. I think I need to re-make my blog and then maybe I'll be more likely to get on the computer and hack away at the keys.

    ReplyDelete