Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spin Away

I spent a fair amount of the weekend working on my Rainbow yarn. I finished the first two bobbins, which are a pretty good match for each other:

Unfortunately, these colors are virtually impossible to photograph accurately, probably because they're so bright. Here's another photo for proof:

I have probably a little more than half of the third, and final, bobbin filled. I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow, if not tonight, so that I can have this yarn plied up this week. I'll still have a quarter of the original bump of fiber left, so I'm thinking about spinning that up a little thinner and Navajo/chain plying it for a coordinating yarn. (Perhaps for a hat and booties to match the sweater the main yarn will make?)

In the meantime, I received my prize fiber from the Tour de Fleece on Friday. This is a delicious 50% merino/25% silk/25% bamboo. I can't wait to get to it. I think it wants to be laceweight.

2 comments:

  1. I know the bottom of the rainbow is underneath there somewhere, but those bobbins look really red! Pretty prize braid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:40 AM

    I always have trouble trying to photograph bright colors. I can't wait to see that finished yarn; it's going to be great!

    What pretty prize fiber.

    ReplyDelete