Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Woolly Rainbow

My Rainbow yarn is done, and it has exceeded my expectations.

I ended up with approximately 435 yards of three-ply worsted weight. In real life, it's not quite as bright as it appears in these photos. I think the red (which is a true, cherry red) throws the camera off. Perhaps one day The Mister will teach me to use Photoshop and I can correct my images. Until then, I'm sorry for burning your retinas.

I'm really thrilled with how this yarn turned out, and I have more than enough to make my Rainbow a Baby Surprise Jacket (along with some matching accessories).

Up next, this delicious BFL in a colorway called Van Gogh. It does make me think of one of Vincent's paintings.

9 comments:

  1. The rainbow spinning turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow yarn looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Now I am looking forward to seeing the completed BSJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that rainbow yarn. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny: I stood by as I watched my cousin do the tourist thing taking pictures of himself in front of Van Gogh's Starry Night just as you blogged this entry. When you come to NY, we can go to the MoMA if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is Rainbow Brite! Very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:54 PM

    OMG, I love the Rainbow yarn. Are you sure you want to give make a Rainbow BSJ? It might be ok for a baby, but if you made it for me, it would totally symbolize something else..... if you get what i mean!!! Nonetheless, I've been watching your spinning and you've become fabulous gurl! You need to start selling your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:41 AM

    I knew your Rainbow yarn would be pretty, but that is GORGEOUS!!!! I think a BSJ is the perfect thing for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful yarn. What colors!

    ReplyDelete