Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Almost There

The Mister and I had a rare weekend without a lot of plans, so I decided to take full advantage of the situation to make some headway on my Mommy Snug. I spent a couple of hours on Saturday over at Natural Stitches working on the first sleeve while catching up with Yvonne, Anna, and Melissa. I finished it at home later that evening and cast on for the second, which I finished up this morning. Here's how I spent most of today:

I still have to sew up the side and sleeve seams, sew on buttons, and knit the collar, but I'm getting very close to being done. I tried it on like this, and it looks like it will fit perfectly, especially after a good blocking. I only gave the pieces a light steam blocking before I started seaming, but I'm planning a full wet block when the whole thing is done to really even out the stitches.

Meanwhile, when I was at Natural Stitches, I picked up two extra skeins of Cascade 220 for my brother's scarf and got a sudden urge to knit a pair of socks. Shocking, isn't it? I know there's a lot of sock yarn in my stash, but the urge was specifically for a pair of simple stockinette socks, so I thought something self-striping or self-patterning was in order, and I didn't think I had anything like that already. So I picked up this skein of Online Supersocke:


So it's Labor Day and I feel like knitting socks again -- I guess fall must really be here!

6 comments:

  1. I love it when urges are specific. Less time to think about it means more time to act on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you are almost finished with that sweater already. Oh wait, yes I can. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 AM

    ooooh, your ribbing sweater just looks almost like mine. Mine is all seamed up thanks to you!!!! Thank you. But I am afraid it is to small, hopefully blocking it will tell. I can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:00 PM

    The sweater looks good. How are you? I've been out of the loop with the blogging/knitting world for the past couple of months. I started a new f/t job about 6 weeks ago with 5 weeks of training before that. I didn't get a lot of knitting done. My commute is about to change a bit so I should be able to get some more knitting done. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Your sweater looks great. I can't believe you are almost finished already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweater looks awesome ... no surprise there!

    ReplyDelete