Pages

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Rib Goes On

I am quite anxious to finish my Mommy Snug if only so I can stop talking about ribbing on the blog. The good news is that, thanks to some car knitting over the weekend, I finished the back:

Clearly I have a lot of ends to weave in still. The left sleeve is started as well and moving along at a good pace. I'm hoping to use some of the holiday weekend to make some good progress.

I've also been working on my brother's "school spirit scarf," though I don't have a picture for you, as it's not very exciting. It's at a little more than two feet long right now; I have to check in with the recipient to see what his preferences are in terms of length and fringe.

Finally, I just realized that I have some handspun that I've neglected to show you. You saw it being plied last week. It was finished on Thursday night and dried over the weekend while we were away. As usual, I started with some superwash merino from my favorite fiber pusher:

I did a traditional three ply, hoping for my usual sock yarn, but something didn't go quite as planned. It looks great, in my opinion, but the finished yardage leaves a little something to be desired. It's a heavy fingering weight, somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 yards.

Seems that all the effort I put into spinning thicker yarns during the Tour de Fleece hasn't left me yet. I'm putting that to good use to spin up some yarn to knit Rainbow another sweater next (using this fiber).

3 comments:

  1. Love the latest handspun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That handspun looks great. Glad the sweater is moving right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mommy Snug looks like it's coming along nicely, and that yarn is gorgeous! It is very mysterious that it came out so much "shorter" than expected :)

    ReplyDelete