Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Still Here

For those of you who may have thought that my silence on the old bloggity-blog may have meant that Rainbow made an early arrival, well ... sorry to disappoint. I'm still pregnant -- four weeks to go until my due date!

I've been remiss in updating because I've been very busy, and not just with knitting (though I'll get to that in a second). We got back last night from a long weekend in D.C., where my oldest friend -- my mother would instead want me to say "my friend of longest standing" to avoid making her sound old -- got married. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, which meant that it was a very busy weekend for me. I did, however, get in some good knitting time during the drive down and back, and I'm close to having another completed sweater for Rainbow.

If this looks familiar, it's because it's meant to. This is another February Sweater, and I'm knitting it in Dream in Color Smooshy in Go Go Grassy -- the exact same colorway I used for my February Lady Sweater. Yes, I'm going to be that mother who dresses her daughter just like herself, at least while she's young enough not to put up a fight.

I also recently finished up a cute little hat for her. (Did you know that a partial skein of sock yarn stands in very well for a baby head?)

The pattern for this came from the same Sirdar booklet as the cabled shawl-collar cardie I knit in the middle of the summer. All that's missing from this "helmet" is a button to fasten the chin straps. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK (the colorway is called Monet) that I received in a swap -- I think -- a couple of years ago. Full details are on Ravelry.

I am doing my best to get as many baby knits done as I can in the next few weeks, including some gift items. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Love the matching sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wondered if someone made her arrival early, but then I remembered that you were going to be away over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started looking at some of The Mister's photos on FB, but there were almost 200, so I gave up pretty quickly. You looked great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! Only FOUR weeks left. My firstborn made her entry exactly four weeks early. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:02 AM

    I think it's great that you're going to be "that" mother. I love seeing Mommy and baby dressed alike. My daughter tries to dress in the same colors as Clover most days :-)

    I love that itty bitty baby hat!

    ReplyDelete