Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Finished Stuff Friday

It's Friday, I haven't blogged in a while, and I haven't been doing much that's blog-worthy or inspiring, so I thought I'd take a page from Jenn's book and at least show you something that is finished. It's a mitten.


It still needs to be blocked (it just came off the needles last night), but this is the second in a pair. The pattern, of course, is my own; this sample is done in the medium size without the picot hem. I used Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift for these, though I still have to weigh the remains to see how much yardage I used. It's definitely more rustic and fuzzy than the Knit Picks I used for the pattern sample, but this yarn is kind of like velcro in that it really sticks to itself, so I know these are going to felt up nicely with wear. The reason I can't show you a complete set is that the other mitten is now a shop sample at Natural Stitches, which is also now carrying the pattern! So if you're local, you can stop by to fondle the other mitten if you'd like.

The mitten knitting has been done primarily during my lunch hour at work because my evenings have been filled with mad spinning to try to get as much done before the contest ends as I possibly can. I'll save the spinning update until Sunday, though.

This afternoon, however, I got to leave work early because of a power outage, so I'm going to spend a couple of hours working on a sample/prototype for a new design. Here's a peek:


Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That rainbowy yarn is calling to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were wondering if you got to leave early!

    I am a lazy blogger, I just keep putting up pictures of finished things because I don't have anything else to write about (or the time to write about anything else).

    I try on the mitten often. I can't help it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheNeedleBeetle9:51 PM

    I love the mitten! The teaser picture of the yarn at the end is awesome! Thanks for the pictures,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I recognize that project bag! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Black with that bright rainbow certainly has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete