Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Decreasing

I've gotten into a bit of a rut in my knitting since finishing my Effortless Cardigan. I've been working on a project that I can't show you, working on spinning the never-ending second bobbin of polwarth/silk laceweight, and slowly making progress on my Cranford shawl. That is the next project that's going to get my serious attention. In this incredibly horrible picture (this time of year really bums me out with the lack of light!), you can see that I've finally gotten to the midpoint and beyond.


I've finally reached the part where I decrease on every row, meaning the rows are getting shorter and therefore faster. The rows are still pretty long (I still have 100+ stitches in each row), and it's getting to the point where the shawl is a bit unwieldy to turn back and forth, but I know that if I can sustain some attention on this project -- which I intend to do -- it won't take me too long to finish up. Good thing, too, because it's been getting cold and I'd love to have this finished to wrap up in!

3 comments:

  1. It looks really warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is really going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so my daughter made me try on a sweater like Effortless on in The Gap and I looked like a moose in it so I am thinking only your generation can pull this style off - LOL. I did tell her about yours with the promise that I will show it to her so I may still end up knitting it. :-)

    ReplyDelete