Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Amazed and Grateful

The title of this post is how I feel about the reception Leventry has received since I published it last week. I knew there was a fair amount of interest based upon the number of people who asked me to let them know when the pattern was available, but I never dreamed it would get the amount of attention it got in the days following its release. It was actually atop the Ravelry Hot Right Now list for about 24 hours, and while it hasn't yet overtaken my best-selling pattern just yet, it is well on its way to being my most popular pattern. I want to thank everyone who has favorited, queued, and bought the pattern -- your love for it means so much to me!

I am hosting a knitalong for the shawl in my Ravelry group, if you are interested. We officially kicked it off today, and it will run through September 1, so there's plenty of time to join up. Prizes are still to be determined, but they will include some of my handspun!

Meanwhile, I managed to finish up and block my TTL Mystery Shawl on Sunday night, and it's quite a pretty thing, if I do say so.


I can't really tell how much yarn I used, but I have a very good amount leftover, so I'd say the estimate of 500 yards is likely a high one. I'm pleased with how my shawl turned out, though I do think the pattern shows up a little better in a solid. Still, it was fun watching the colors shift and change in this yarn.

And speaking of handspun, this weekend I also finished up a little baby cap (the pattern is Aviatrix) for a gift. It still needs a button or two and a good blocking, but it was a quick and satisfying knit. I'll post a photo when it's all presentable.

We're just a few days away from that part of the summer when I spin furiously, so I'm cramming in what knitting I can this week. I'm trying to finish up the second sock of the latest handspun pair, which is now cruising toward the toe:


And I'm also working on the next lace design, a crescent-shaped shawl worked from side to side (this is the one I started in my class with Sivia Harding):


Finally, I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on the pattern for the green shawl I showed you a while back so that I can get it laid out and to my tech editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment