Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Riding to Victory

Today is officially the end of the 2014 Tour de Fleece, and what a tour it's been. I finished spinning up all the fiber I'd designated for the three weeks. The last skein was finished up Friday night and was dry by yesterday.

Fat Cat Knits Gentiane on Falkland

This was meant to be sock yarn, but it's a bit thicker than I'd intended -- I'd say heavy fingering to sport. The finished skein is roughly 330 yards, so it will make short-ish socks. I love how it came out, though.

And here's a look at my total spinning for the Tour:


That's a total of nearly 4,014 yards of singles spun into more than 1,620 yards of yarn. Not bad, I'd say!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Your yarn turned out great. I love all the bright colors. I can hardly wait to see what you knit with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete