Pages

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Absence and Abundance of Color

My spinning is going to be pretty boring for the rest of this month, I expect. I'm still working on the natural Shetland/silk, though it's moving along. I'd estimate I'm halfway done (or close to it) with the second bobbin.


I'm hoping to get the whole skein done by the end of the month if I can, but I know how unmotivating it can be to have the same color to look at all the time. Fortunately, I have some great motivation to finish -- my November Fat Cat Knits Mixed Blessings club shipment, which arrived Friday afternoon.


For this month, I chose a blend of 63% Polwarth, 12% tussah silk, and 25% nylon sparkle. I tried without success to capture the sparkle, so you'll just have to take my word for it that it's there. The colorways this time are called Roulade (the dark blue/rust/purple braid) and Rubato (the blue/yellow/brown braid).


As unimaginative as it is, I think I'm going to just spin up each braid separately and ply them together. I think these two colors will play very nicely, especially considering that there's a similar blue in both. I think this spinning project will do quite well to quench my thirst for color after all the cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment