Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

One Last Skein

It's Sunday, and while I'm away from my wheels and my fiber, I do have a finished skein to show you. It'll be my last skein of handspun for the year because I decided not to bring any spinning with me on vacation (in part because there's plenty of knitting to do, but also because I didn't want to risk putting a spindle in my luggage and having it get broken).

This skein is half of the November Fat Cat Knits Mixed Blessings club shipment, a Polwarth/tussah silk/nylon sparkle blend. I decided to spin the two colors separately, each as a three-ply fingering weight, and started with the more red colorway, Roulade.


It's very hard to capture the sparkle on camera, but trust me, it's really there. It seems to be easiest to see under artificial light, but try as I could, I couldn't get it to play nicely with the camera.


The finished yarn is a nice bouncy fingering weight, and the skein measured approximately 200 yards. I'd hoped for a little more, but I'll take it. I'll try to match it with the other braid of fiber in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment