Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Double Fun

I officially have a new knitting obsession: double-knitting. I cast on this cowl the other night and I just cannot put it down!


I will admit that it's a slow process, and now that I'm into the pattern I really do need to knit a bit more slowly so that I can be sure not to make a mistake, but it's very addictive. I still think I'm going to leave it at home this weekend because I don't think it will mix well with socializing, but I'm sure I won't be able to wait to get back to it.

What will be coming on the trip with me are my handspun socks, which are moving right along. I'm nearly through the gusset on the first sock.


These will be good and mindless, I think, so they should be good for carrying around. They're being knit on size 0 needles, so they move along fairly slowly, but I suppose it might be possible to finish them. So maybe I'll stick an extra skein of sock yarn in my luggage just in case. If sock yarn doesn't count as stash, one in my suitcase doesn't count as luggage, right?

2 comments:

  1. Double-knitting has been on my "to try" list for ages! Looks like you have a great start there-I'd be terrified of making a mistake! I'm loving the colors in your sock, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try double-knitting for quite a while. I even bought yarn specifically for trying it. I'm going to keep an eye on your progress and hope that you will inspire me to finally give it a try.

    ReplyDelete