Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

All That Glitters

I didn't want another weekend to go by without finishing my sparkly singles, and I'm happy to say that I achieved that goal earlier this afternoon.


This isn't the greatest photo (you can't see the sparkle at all), but at least you can see proof that all three bobbins are done. I'm really tempted to start plying right away, but I think I'll have an easier time of it if I wait until tomorrow. So I suppose I'll be forced to start spinning something else in the meantime.

Yesterday was Indie Knit and Spin. I know I'm still on my yarn and fiber diet, but I knew that there was going to be a special item for sale that I really wanted and deemed it an acceptable purchase due to its limited quantity.


This is the custom-blended Pittsburgh collection from HipStrings, designed to represent significant people and places from the city. The colors are (top row, left to right) Cathedral of Learning, Hill District, and Pinkertons and (bottom row, left to right) Coal, Environmental, and Won't You Be My Neighbor. I can't wait to spin these up into six mini skeins!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, beautiful spinning! And, what a fun box of fiber!

    ReplyDelete