Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Join as One

I'm happy to say that I've reached a rather momentous stage on my Rhinebeck sweater: I am ready to join the fronts and the back to start the body.


(Apologies for the crappy photo -- we're dealing with the remnants of Hurricane Irma here, and any light is coming from a lightbulb at this point.)

I finished up the left front last night, just before bed, and put all of the live stitches on the needle this morning. The joining row will be the first order of business this evening when we're back from Curriculum Night at Rainbow's school. After I've gotten a few rows done, I plan to pause and weave in all the ends that I can so I can stop fighting with all those dangling bits. I shouldn't have any more ends on the body until I'm done with it or I have to introduce a new skein, whichever comes first, so it should help to speed things along a bit -- because don't you just hate it when you finish knitting a big project only to realize that you have to weave in all your ends?

I've definitely gotten the hang of the front bands by now, so those are going much quicker now that I'm not constantly stopping to double check the charts. Of course, now I will have to pay attention to two charts and remember which is which, but I think I should be okay. I just need to remember to only knit on this when I can pay attention to it -- sleepy knitting is a no-no for this project!

1 comment: