Spinning up 12 oz. of fiber into three-ply fingering weight yarn seems a like it will take a lot of time at the outset. In practice, I've found that if I just sit down and do the spinning, it's really not that bad. I'm not quite done, but I'm getting really close.
I finished up the second bobbin on Friday night.
It's fitting that the first and second bobbins both ended with this same pinky purple, as it's the one color that's common to all three braids I split up for this project and that I think ties the three colorways together.
The third bobbin is well under way, I'd estimate about a third of the way done at this point.
My hope is to finish the singles by midweek so I can ply toward the end of it and have a second (and final) finished skein by the weekend. As excited as I am by the prospect of having my combo spin, I'll admit I'm equally excited by the prospect of spinning something new (and perhaps a bit thicker)! Don't get me wrong, these three braids of fiber from Gale's Art have been a dream to spin, but my fingers are itching for something a little different. And I certainly have plenty of fiber in the stash waiting to be spun!