Pages

Sunday, January 06, 2019

Hello, Old Friend

One of the good side effects of being away from home for two weeks is that it definitely reignites my spinning mojo. I have contemplated taking a spindle and fiber on more than one occasion, but I've never actually done it. So usually by the time we get back home I'm desperate to get back to my wheel. We got back in town yesterday afternoon, and once the things I had to do (unpack, clean the bathroom, start the laundry) were complete, I sat down at my Lendrum and got started on the second skein of my combo spin. I put in a little more time today, too. There's not much on the bobbin, but it feels good to be back in my happy place and under way.


My last finished skein of 2018 was left on the radiator in our bedroom to finish drying while we were away, and it was lovely to come home to a fluffy skein that I could finally look at in daylight (the photo I snapped of it the day we left town was taken before the sun was fully up and while it was still slightly damp). I'm quite pleased with this one.


While that neon-y green is really standing out, there are some truly beautiful muted shades in here. I think I've decided to knit it up into another brioche infinity cowl, as I have a friend who has been very vocal in her admiration of mine, and it would make a nice gift.

On our last night away, I did manage to finish up my first finished book of 2018: Beartown by Fredrik Bachman. This is third Bachman novel I've read, and it was unlike the previous two but still an excellent 5-star read. The writing (or perhaps I should say the translation) is wonderful, and the story is one that really makes you think. I will note that there is a rape in this story, so if that's a trigger for you, you may want to avoid this one.

2 comments:

  1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! Your current spinning is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is amazing yarn! I love how it turned out! I would never have imagined that result! Just, wow!

    ReplyDelete