Pages

Sunday, June 09, 2019

Spinning the Shine

I've spent a good part of the weekend spinning up the Polwarth/silk I received in the fiber swap and it's been absolutely dreamy. I have no idea what the fiber percentages are, but based on this shine, I'd say the amount of silk is fairly high.


I estimate I'll need another session or two finish up these singles before I can ply. I'm very excited for the plying step on this yarn and can't wait to see how the two colorways look together.

Meanwhile, my spinning today was done in slightly different surroundings. My brother-in-law came over this morning to get the last of the baby furniture, and that included the rocking chair/glider that I used to sit in to spin and the accompanying ottoman, which I always had next to me to hold my lazy kates. We've ordered a new upholstered chair to take its place, but it hasn't arrived yet (apparently it's made custom), so in the meantime I'm making do with a folding chair.


I'm probably sitting with better posture that I was in the old chair, but it's not nearly as comfortable. I'll manage for the time being; to be honest, the most difficult thing is not having a space next to me for all the gear (the kates are on the floor for now, but that won't do for actually plying). I going to get a small cart like this one to hold all the supplies, and I can even get a lid for the top drawer so I can put my miniSpinner on it and get rid of the awful folding tray table!

4 comments:

  1. I have a Raskog cart from IKEA that I love and for a time I used it to hold all my spinning things. I love that it is portable - so I was not stuck in one room!

    Your singles are positively glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Polwarth/silk is the most beautiful, calming blue! I'm looking forward to seeing it plied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz T3:06 PM

    Do love that blue! And I hope your comfy chair comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that silk is gorgeous! and I think your little cart will be a nice addition - especially if you get it in that fun color!

    ReplyDelete