Pages

Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Trying to Keep Calm and Carry On

Well, we've made it to Election Day. At least the wait for that is now over. I know it will be a while before we get the final results, and as hard as it is for me to wait, I don't have much of a choice, so I will do my best to fill my time.

I know many of you are staying away from the Internet and social media today for the sake of your mental health; I don't know that I can stay away entirely, but I'm going to limit it as much as I can. I have plans to go out for a run later this morning (always good for getting out the jitters), and I've got my outfit all laid out for after my shower:

Those are my Swing Left socks (Ravelry link) and my RBG enamel pin. A family friend texted me yesterday that she'd heard that people are wearing pearls today to honor RBG, so I've got my earrings out, too.

Remember to breathe today, friends. I know we're all worried and anxious, but those emotions won't help the process. If you've voted, thank you. If you haven't, please be sure to get to your polling place today to get your vote in and counted. Be sure to be kind to the poll workers, who are special heroes this year (shout-out to Kat and Kym!). Think positive thoughts. We'll get through this!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a PERFECT outfit! Keep breathing and keep hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish YOU had voted where I worked!! :) (except the only Democrat wearing political attire, asked what they should do before the entered the poll... I just can't even with the vast difference between D and R right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect outfit for the day.

    ReplyDelete