Pages

Monday, October 23, 2023

Monday Again, Really?

I don't know about you, but I had a really hard time getting up this morning. Monday always seems to come around too quickly, even when I have an extra day in my weekend.

It was nice having Friday off, though it wasn't a particularly relaxing day. I spent most of it in my kitchen, either cooking or doing dishes, and I still hit my step count goal for the day despite not actually getting out for a walk or a run (it rained all day long). We had a really nice dinner, though, and I got some much-needed baby snuggles from my nephew, who, at almost 6 months old, is in a very smiley phase:

I got less crafting done over the weekend than I thought I would, but I am in the home stretch on my sister-in-law's socks. I finished the heel yesterday and am now cruising through the foot. My goal is to finish these up this week, and I'm very confident that will happen.


I'm really itching to start a new spinning project, but I haven't yet because I know I'll be completed consumed by it when I do and I want to make sure I finish the socks. But I've already started plotting what I'll spin next and whether I will continue to work forward in chronological order or skip ahead.

Today will be all about getting caught up at work. I have a big project to finish that my boss sent me Thursday afternoon, despite the fact that she was on vacation and she knew I was off on Friday. I am hoping that once I get that off my plate, things will be calmer!

9 comments:

  1. That is one smiley baby! Here's hoping your weather is a little sunnier, you can get caught up at work, finish those sunny socks, and have time for some spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise work projects . . . are never welcome! I hope it is quickly finished, and you can get on to more FUN projects. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a smiley baby for sure. He is just too, too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those smiles! Oh my gosh. What a fantastic photo of you two. Capturing pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of you and your nephew. Winning smiles all around! hope your day is going well and you have wrapped up (or can soon wrap up) that pesky project. Knitting and spinning are calling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nephew continues to be the perfect baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great photo of you and your nephew! Here's hoping that work project isn't as bad as you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling nephew. He is so sweet and looks pretty happy to be in his aunt's arms. The socks are coming along nicely. Happy Monday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That smiling face! He is so adorable! :) I hope your Monday was not too hectic!

    ReplyDelete