Pages

Friday, October 13, 2023

That Was Fast

It's Friday! This week has simultaneously felt long and short, but I'm always happy to see Friday come. I've not slept well this week, so I am looking forward to a couple of days without the early alarm.

The title of this post refers to how quickly this sock has knit up -- but for weaving in my ends (which I didn't do because I really couldn't see well enough to do it last night when I finished), the first sock is finished!

Blocking is obviously in order as well.

It turns out that knitting a sock on size 2/2.75 mm needles goes pretty quickly! The mosaic colorwork pattern was very easy to memorize, so I've been able to do it even while in meetings and reading. I will get started on the second sock soon, but my first priority will be to get through the heel of my sister-in-law's sock today so I can take it to the movie tomorrow.

The movie is really the only thing we have planned this weekend, though Mo and I are talking about going to Shabbat services tonight. The war in Israel and Gaza has been very much on our minds all this week, and it feels like a good time to be together with our community. It's supposed to be a cool and rainy weekend, which is perfect weather for staying inside with my knitting, a cup of tea, a good book, and maybe a pot of soup on the stove. Happy weekending, friends!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad there are good things to think about (like your lovely sock and a cozy weekend) because the war in Israel and Gaza is an awful one on my mind, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this sock. The news has been so hard. I agree that being with community feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That WAS quick. It's a very cheerful sock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sock - I'm glad you've been enjoying this project. The news from Israel and Gaza gets more painful by the hour - I'm glad you'll have time with friends and family this weekend. I'll be lighting candles tonight ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sock. I am glad you have your knitting and family for comfort. My sister has a friend whose daughter and family live in Tel Aviv. I've been holding them in my thoughts. Shabbat Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks look so beautiful! I've been knitting more stranded things than usual and this kind of stranded is so so quick and easy!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and can relax, despite everything.
    The news are devastating and my thoughts are drawn to Israel and Gaza, especially since an Israelian of mine got drafted (although they checked in and said that they are fine; I hope it stays that way). Much love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really fun sock! I hope you were able to find some peace this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun sock, Sarah! I've been pretty quiet here in blogland for the last few days . . . but please know you are very much in my thoughts right now. I'm sending you much love, and hoping you are finding peace. XOXO

    ReplyDelete