Pages

Friday, February 23, 2024

Let's Wrap It Up

Happy Friday, dear readers -- it's been a long week! And it was an early morning for me, as I was off to the orthodontist shortly after 7 so they could look at my broken retainer/night guard and scan me for a replacement. I will say that the nice thing about such an early appointment is that I was able to find a parking space easily, right out front, and I didn't have to wait. And I was even home before the Mister and Mo had left for work and school! It has been a long week, and I'm very happy to see it come to an end today.

My sweater is continuing to move along at a good pace. I tried to take a modeled photo of it for you (because my face has healed enough at this point that I'm willing to show it on camera now), but between the dim light this morning and my general lack of skill in taking selfies, it did not go well. So you'll have to settle for a photo of it on Matilda:

My first sleeve is pretty much halfway done, and I am completely tickled that it appears that the stripe sequence will work out perfectly to result in the cuff in light blue to match the collar and the hem! Whereas I went through the sequence three times on the body, it'll be four times on the sleeves. I'm still weaving in ends as I go, which does slow my progress down a bit but is something I know I'll thank myself for doing when I get to the end.

Although I'd like to get this sweater done by the end of the month and probably should really focus on it to do that, I felt I needed to get another spinning project going, particularly as the most recent club shipment just arrived. So I've started in on the shipment from last August, Island Sunset on grey Merino:

I love how the gray base fiber add such depth to the dyed colors! I've split the fiber into strips lengthwise and am spinning them one after another to chain-ply the resulting singles and end up with a self-striping yarn. I didn't do a great job of splitting and ended up with three strips rather than the four I was aiming for, but that's okay. I decided to put the biggest of the three in the middle, so I'll end up with slightly longer/bigger stripes in the middle of the skein and narrower stripes at the beginning and end.

I'm hoping for a calm last day of the work week and a productive weekend of sleeve knitting. Happy Friday!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good news kind of Friday. That sweater is going to be so fun to wear on those grey days of late winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matilda wears it well and I'm sure you'll wear it better! You've made good progress on the sleeve and I hope you have a productive weekend of sleeve knitting. It's lovely how the stripe colors will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get lots of spinning/knitting time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is looking great and I'm wishing you a restful and uneventful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee's to a restful weekend ahead! Your latest fiber to spin is gorgeous - love those colors. And your sweater is just wonderful. Cool how the sequence of stripes will work out. Glad you could get in and out at the orthodontist this a.m. Right now I'm heavy into not doing work! LOL I just declined a conference call this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is looking great! Glad to hear that your face is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sweater is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That spinning sequence sounds like magic. The sweater looks perfect and I am glad your face is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sweater is looking great Sarah and the fiber from David’s club is beautiful, can’t wait to see it spun .

    ReplyDelete
  10. STRIPES!! isn't it fun to knit? and that new fiber is seriously swoon-worthy. the colors are so saturated ... and MORE stripes!

    ReplyDelete