As incredulous as I was that it was the last day of September on Wednesday, yesterday I was even more unlikely to believe that it was the first day of October because we had a high in the mid-80s! I actually had to switch our thermostat from heat to air conditioning, even though I know I'll likely have to switch it back soon. As excited as I am for weather more conducive to wearing my knits, it was nice to be out in a t-shirt again.
I am also pretty excited for the weekend. It hasn't been too hard of a week, but I haven't been sleeping well, probably in part because Ruthie was having some tummy troubles last week and I was worried about her (all is well now). I never expect to be able to sleep in on the weekend, but at least if I'm tired, I can actually take a nap instead of struggling to keep my eyes open. I'm getting my COVID shot tomorrow, too, so I expect there will be several naps in store for me.
Ruthie didn't seem to be too troubled about her GI issues, in large part because it meant she got chicken and rice and pumpkin puree instead of her boring old kibble for a few days. She's been less happy about our handyman being around this week to power-wash and restain our deck and seal our driveway. He's the sweetest guy, but he is very tall and has a mustache, and she does not trust him! On the plus side, she did make a new friend this week:
I've made slow and steady progress on my hat over the past few days and yesterday finished the body repeats.
I like how it looks, but this stitch pattern isn't all that fast, so my next hat will likely be stockinette. I already know what yarn I'm using for it, too:
This is a very old skein of Socks That Rock from back when I was in the Rockin' Sock Club, so probably sometime in the 2007/2008 timeframe. Certainly it's older than Molly! My Imaginary Internet Points thing has a monthly challenge for October to knit with yarn that's at least 25% black, and this skein more than meets that requirement. I'm planning to hold it double and knit a simple stockinette beanie for charity. Much like the Malabrigo Sock, this yarn is 100% superwash merino, and I know for a fact it does not hold up well in socks.
Other than getting my shot tomorrow, I have no plans for the weekend and am just fine with that. I always feel crummy for about 24 hours after getting the vaccine, so I plan to lay low and relax. It's a good excuse to snuggle my pup, read, and knit -- though you all know I never need an excuse for that! If you need an excuse to relax this weekend, you're more than welcome to use mine!

I got my Flu/Covid boosters last Thursday and Friday was a "lost day" for me. I hope your reaction is simply 24 hours and that your whole weekend is not lost! That hat is really a lovely pattern and I love your choice for some spooky October knitting!
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting pattern on your hat. Lovely. And Blackbird for your next knit feels appropriate for October. Hope your shot is an easy one. Neither Fletch nor I had reactions (other than a sore arm for a day or so). We both did take naps, but that is a usual occurrence for us! LOL
ReplyDeleteI like the pattern on the hat, even if it is slow. I'm glad to be done knitting with dark purple yarn; it almost felt like black and I couldn't see to work with it at night. I'm not getting my covid and flu shots until the 12th, but it's always nice to have a reason for taking a couple of naps the next day!
ReplyDeleteI love the hat pattern, but it doesn't look fast or easy. We got our flu/covid shots on Wednesday. Chuck usually has a sick day after, I usually have a sore arm. And it went as usual yesterday, except late afternoon, Chuck decided he was up for normal life after all. So, better than expected. It was my first year for the stronger 65+ flu shot, but again, just a sore arm.
ReplyDelete