Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

My Something Blue

So. I finished, it was fantastic, and that's all there is to say about that.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled knitting, already in progress ...

J was out late on Saturday night at his bachelor party. Even though I knew he'd likely be home at a ridiculous hour, I couldn't get to sleep at the normal time. Instead, I put a movie in the DVD player and cast on for my garter:

It's a bit slow going (the slowness of knitting lace is compounded here by the cotton thread fighting against me), but you can see I've already got a decent amount done. I think I'm going to wind up making two garters -- one to throw, one to keep -- and as I bought two varieties of crochet thread (this is the thicker of the two here), I think what I'm going to do is knit one out of each kind of thread.

I also think I've decided to try to knit myself a Flower Basket Shawl for the wedding using a laceweight Soysilk. I have 34 days to go -- think I can do it? Or am I just nuts?

7 comments:

  1. You knit at the speed of light. I'm pretty sure that 34 days will be a piece of cake for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally knit a shawl in 34 days. Except that in a few hours, it's going to be 33 days. Better hurry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Garter!

    I think it may be a bit to bite off... since you are the BRIDE. You probably have some other things to do in the next 34 days.

    I recall the Harlot not making her wedding deadline last year...

    Just to be practical. But if you REALLY want it... go for it! Who needs sleep anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished? I haven't started, and I finished 6 on Friday night! Pirate game tomorrow night, crossing two rivers on Wednesday ... maybe I'll start this weekend.

    Lace is SO not my thing, so I have no clue about the do-ability of the test balloon you just released. If the extra knitting will help your sanity? Give it a shot! Just don't put it on a MUST GET DONE list and make yourself nuts. Hope to see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! And how was the movie? It's next on my netflix queue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can do it! How lovely would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:57 AM

    I think you can do it...but only if you STOP KNITTING SOCKS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete