Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bring Out Yer Wool!

Though the calendar may say that fall started on September 22, according to my highly scientific knitterly methods of calculating these things, it actually started yesterday -- because yesterday was the first day that it was chilly enough that I needed to wear handknit socks since sometime last spring. (It also inspired me to wash the pile of handknit socks that had been sitting in my closet for, um, several months.)

So now that fall is here, it is time to knit sweaters. It's been a while since I knit myself a non-maternity sweater, so I was quite excited to cast on for one. This rather crappy picture (apologies for it, by the way), is the beginning of my Oblique:


I actually swatched and cast on for this a couple of weeks ago, but I've been distracted by bunny knitting. As soon as Hop II is finished, though, this will be my main focus. It's somewhat slow going, because each row involves three different stitch patterns. I'm hoping the enthusiasm I'm feeling now and the need for a cozy sweater to keep me warm will keep me going.

2 comments:

  1. I wore the new socks that I knit over the summer on Tuesday and Wednesday, it was tremendously exciting!

    Did you see that it's supposed to be in the high 30's on Sunday night/Monday morning? They were talking about the possibility of frost! Definitely time to bring out the wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice! I meant to ask about the gigantic cake of eco wool last night, but I was busy trying to break Jen. (it worked!) I'm sure you'll enjoy that finished sweater!

    ReplyDelete