Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Here We Go Again

Over the weekend, I decided I needed another sweater. As it happened, I had a sweater's worth of madelinetosh vintage (which may very well be my new favorite yarn) in Iris in my closet that I picked up at my LYS's Black Friday sale. I had bought it specifically to knit Chandail, and as there's a stitch-a-long (knit and crochet) going on this month in the madelinetosh lovers group on Ravelry, I thought I'd play along. I am being good and alternating skeins, and it's knitting up beautifully already.

Untitled

The color is a little off here (it's really more of a royal purple than blue), but that's what you get when you take a photo at night and then play with Flickr's filters. I have completed the waist decreases and am now at the point where I work even for several inches before starting the increases. It's pretty mindless knitting, which is a good thing, because my brain has really been fried at the end of the day. As long as I remember to cross my cables every 10 rows, I'm good.

I've also made a little progress on my cowl -- once I finished those long ruche rounds, it moved along at a much quicker pace. I'm in the middle of my second welt now, so about a third of the way done with the whole thing. 

I expect it to move slowly now that it's be relegated to lunchtime knitting, but I'm okay with that. In spite of the groundhog's prediction over the weekend, we've been having snow pretty regularly, and winter shows no signs of leaving anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love cables! It looks so soft and squishy! can't wait to see more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater is going to be gorgeous. I just added that pattern to my favorites =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am envious of your snow. And your sweater progress!

    ReplyDelete