Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Influx

In spite of my recent spinning productivity, I fear there may have been more fiber coming into the stash than going out in the past few weeks. Part of that was because of a Fat Cat Knits order I made in anticipation of the Tour de Fleece, which starts in less than a month. As one of the teams I signed up for is the FCK team, and I had no FCK fiber on hand after finishing the last club shipment, it seemed only logical to order some more.

First are two custom blended tops. The first is merino with a bit of sparkle and is called Ice Princess:


The other is all merino, and it's called Shock & Awe:


My intention is to spin these both separately but then use them together in something for Rainbow. I just have to decide if I want to do a two- or three-ply yarn with them.

The last bit of fiber in that order was this day's end braid in Xavier on Falkland:


I'm going to split this one up into light and dark colors and then spin two skeins of three-ply fingering for some stranded colorwork.

Finally, my May Southern Cross Fibre club shipment arrived about a week and a half ago. This month's offering is Shetland, and the colorway I got is called Lei Day.


I'll be spinning on the Southern Cross Fibre Tour de Fleece team as well, and right now I have three unspun batches of fiber. I will be one busy spinner next month, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment