Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Surprise FOs

Sometimes you get some unexpected extra knitting time, even if it's not for a great reason. I was home today with a sick kid (and it looks like we'll do it again tomorrow), so I spent nearly all day sitting in bed, watching horrible kids' TV shows, and knitting. As a result, I managed to finish not one but two projects!


Pattern: my plain-vanilla sock recipe worked over 70 stitches
Yarn: Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce (80% superwash merino, 20% nylon) in After the Harvest (Brights), one skein
Needles: US 0 (2.0 mm) 40" Addi Sock Rockets
Started/Completed: December 29/January 14

I am quickly amassing quite a collection of striped socks, many of them knit from Lisa's yarn (and I have another skein in the stash, too!). These socks might look like they match, but they're actually just a slight bit different. The second sock (the one on the left in the photo) was started one stripe earlier in the sequence, and you see it if you look closely. I didn't really intend for that to happen, as I wasn't planning to obsess about having matching socks, but it's a nice bonus.

As soon as the last ends were woven in on the second sock, I picked up the colorwork hat to finish off the last of the crown decreases. I'm quite pleased with this one.


I weighed my leftovers and it looks like I will have more than enough for a coordinating hat for Rainbow (switching the order of the colors) plus pompoms, if I choose to add them. I still need to block this hat, and I'm looking forward to that because this yarn gets so lovely and soft and plush when you wash it. Rainbow is already asking when I will knit hers, so I will likely cast on tomorrow (during another day watching bad TV, no doubt).

I did get away from bed for a few minutes to wind some more yarn today, and some of it is already on the needles.


On the left is some handspun (Heinz 57 wool from the now-defunct Crown Mountain Farms fiber club) and on the right is some very well marinated Socks That Rock Lightweight -- so well marinated, in fact, that it's in the old put-up. The handspun is destined to be a Sandrine Slouch, while the STR is already being knit into a new pair of socks.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the kid fells better! Love the socks and the hat. I have that hat pattern in my Ravelry queue. But, truth is, I am a color work chicken. It is something I would love to try on this New year. Can't wait to see your next hat :-)

    ReplyDelete