Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Bobbin the Third

It's Rhinebeck weekend, and yet again I haven't made it (it's on my bucket list -- I will get there eventually!), so I've been trying to enjoy my fibery pursuits as much as possible this weekend. We've had a relatively quiet weekend, and an usually warm one at that, and it's been good to relax.

My spinning will look familiar, and that's because it's another bobbin of my Blue Footed Booby blended merino. This is the third of four total, and I'm nearly finished with it.


I am trying to keep up the spinning on this project with some of the intensity I had during Spinzilla so that I can get the full pound spun and be ready to start the project.

I am going to be making a more concerted effort to spin up my stash during the rest of the year, at the very least, and I've found out recently that I'm going to have some help in that respect. You may know that I'm in two fiber clubs at the moment -- Southern Cross Fibre and FatCatKnits -- and the shipments that have come in from both clubs have at times kept me from spinning my stash. But both David of SCF and Ginny of FCK have recently announced that they're going to be taking a bit of a break from their business and thus both clubs will be going on hiatus. I'm a bit sad, to be completely honest, but I think both of them deserve some time to themselves -- and, frankly, the fiber stash is getting a bit out of control. I have a whole shelf of unspun SCF club fiber and quite a few braids of FCK, so I won't be lacking stuff to spin. I think this might be a good opportunity as well to get out the drum carder and make some fun batts. And let us not forget the fleeces that still need to be spun! Realistically, I could probably go a year or more just spinning from my stash without running out of fiber.

And with that said, I guess I should really get back to my wheel to try to finish that bobbin!

No comments:

Post a Comment