Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2017

So Close I Can Taste It

I'm almost done with the baby blanket -- I have just one more square left to knit and then seaming (which I don't think will take that long because the squares are joined with crochet). The eighth square was finished this morning, thanks to Rainbow's school having a two-hour delay, and I'll get started on the last one tonight. In the meantime, the first seven squares have been blocked and are ready to be seamed.


I love the way the pattern really opened up with blocking, and I think this is going to be a really stunning piece when it's all done. I just hope that I can even the edges out a bit after it's all seamed; I'll admit I didn't do a very good job blocking the individual squares because I started to get a bit impatient. Luckily, all the squares will be clean, so I think I can get away with steaming for the final block.

At Rainbow's suggestion, I think I am going to knit one more thing for this baby, and that's a mini Pussyhat. I have about 100 yards of the hot pink I used for mine leftover, and that should be plenty. Moreover, it should be a super quick knit with minimal finishing. We're still not sure when our friends will be ready to receive visitors, so I likely have a little time to get both gifts ready and wrapped up. Still, it will feel really great to get this big project off the needles for once and all -- and to get back to the other projects that have been cast aside in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning blocks! Wow! Just beautiful and I agree wholeheartedly that this FO will be gorgeous! And, I LOVE Rainbow's suggestion of a wee little pussy hat! Have a great weekend XO

    ReplyDelete