Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Thinking of the Beach

Spinning has very much taken a backseat to knitting over the past week, but I've spent a bit of time at my wheel here and there. I have no spinning deadlines at the moment, so I'm okay with that. The project I am working on now will be yarn that will be good to knit when summer finally fades away and the days are getting shorter and colder.


This is Cheviot from Fibernymph Dye Works in the colorway Beach Wedding (inspired, I assume by Lisa's own wedding on the beach a couple of years ago). I am once again trying for fingering weight, so I split the fiber in half lengthwise and am going to chain-ply when I'm done. My plyback tests look good so far, so fingers crossed! I just started the second half of the fiber today, so I'm a little more than halfway through spinning the singles. I am taking the next two days off from work (Rainbow starts school on Tuesday and has a half day, so we'll spend some extra time together) and hope to sneak in a little more spinning time. And if that's not enough time to finish, there's another long weekend coming up!

1 comment:

  1. That color! Wow!

    And, good luck for a wonderful new school year, Rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete