Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Two Down

Through the magic of technology, this post will be going up for you to read even though as you're reading this I'm several hundred miles away at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. No spinning will be happening while I'm on the trip, but before I left, I was able to finish up the second bobbin of singles for my combo spin.


It's interesting to me that the last color on both bobbins is very similar, if not the same. I do wonder how often that color will pop up on all three bobbins and how often the colors of the singles will coincide when they're all plied. I suppose if I want a preview, I could take three strips of fiber and twist them together, but that feels a bit like cheating. And part of me likes having that curiosity as motivation to finish spinning the singles.

This second bobbin didn't take me very long at all to spin (I think I started it last weekend, ignored it for the week, and did all but about 20 minutes this past weekend), so I'm sure that I can get the third one done in a reasonable amount of time when I'm back from my trip. I'll be using my miniSpinner to ply, in part to save my legs the workout but mainly because it's the only wheel that has bobbins big enough to hold 6 oz., so it shouldn't make me wait too long to see the finished yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment