Pages

Friday, July 31, 2026

And Away We Go

In just a few hours, Molly and I will be headed to Michigan with my side of the family for a visit with my aunt and uncle. Ruthie's at boarding, where there are supposed to be some more dog friends to play with, and the Mister will be holding down the fort at home. It's likely to be a weekend of sitting around and talking, so at least I will get a lot of knitting time in. One project that is coming with me is the new handspun scarf:

So far, my winging it is working out. I'm taking my travel scale so that I can increase until I've used about half my yarn, then I'll start decreasing.

Molly and I went to see The Odyssey yesterday. Visually, it was impressive. As for the script, I'm afraid I have to agree with my Greek professor. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it was only loosely based on the original poem because so much was changed. But it beat spending the afternoon at work, and if you're wondering how much charity hat can get knit during a epic movie, it's about 4 inches.

We will be back sometime on Sunday and I'm taking Monday off (partly because I'll have to go pick Ruthie up), so I imagine I'll have some significant progress to show on these projects. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this final day of July and the first weekend of August!

6 comments:

  1. Safe travels and have fun! Your charity hat and scarf look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got two good projects for travel knitting and I'm looking forward to seeing how the handspun further stripes. Now Joyce Carol Oates is criticizing Emily Wilson, calling her pretentious and ungrateful. People do have opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic time in Michigan! I think watching anything that produces 4" of knitting is a good thing... ha! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Molly! AND, a little Gulp. I totally get it. It takes a while to adjust…and I’ll admit to much ‘regular checking,’ by way of Life 360. Audrey got her license ‘immediately, if not sooner,’ and she learned to drive in a major city—with gusto. Lincoln dragged his feet, as is natural for him, and got his license at nearly 18 1/2!! I think the teen driver thing is as much a rite of passage for us as it is for them.
    I hope Michigan is wonderful for all of you. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf is going to be nice. Have a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment! I try to reply to all comments if I can, but I can only do that if I have your email address. If yours isn't associated with your Blogger account and you'd like me to respond to your comments, please send me an email so I have it!