Pages

Friday, September 11, 2026

Commemorations

It's Friday, but it's a special day. Today we mark 25 years since the events of 9/11. I so clearly remember that day, and it's almost incomprehensible to me that it's been 25 years since it happened. Though I don't know anyone who lost their life that day, it's always a solemn day for me and I suspect for everyone who was of a certain age that day. As I do every year on this date, I'll be pausing for a moment of reflection this morning.

On a happier note, this evening we will welcome Rosh Hashanah with a big family meal at our house. As we share apples and honey, we will share our wishes for a sweet new year. And that, dear friends, is what I wish for you -- a year ahead that is happy, healthy, and sweet.


5 comments:

  1. First, Shana Tova to you and your family! Second, I was thinking this morning... how has it been 25 years. I remember so clearly where I was the morning before everything changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana Tova to you and your family. It's kind of nice to celebrate a New Year in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet, happy, and healthy year to you and your Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet and happy new year to your family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment! I try to reply to all comments if I can, but I can only do that if I have your email address. If yours isn't associated with your Blogger account and you'd like me to respond to your comments, please send me an email so I have it!