As much as I love the ability to go out and do things on the weekend, it's also nice to have one without much to do. I kept this past weekend that way on purpose because I was getting my COVID vaccine on Saturday and was counting on feeling lousy for a while afterward. And I did feel tired and a little achy Saturday afternoon and evening, though whether that was from the shot or from doing a lot of running (the race last Sunday plus at least 10K on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) in addition to not sleeping well last week, I can't really say. I did take a couple of doses of Tylenol to be safe and snoozed a little bit with Ruthie, but overall I felt better than I ever have after getting one of these vaccines. I don't know if that means my immune system is getting weaker or this year's shot had milder side effects, but you will hear no complaints from me. Other than a series of walks (on my own and with Ruthie), I spent my weekend mostly resting, and it was just what I needed.
I kicked off the weekend by finishing up my hat on Friday afternoon:
The color is a little darker in real life, but my phone didn't want to capture that no matter what I tried. I used up 65 g of the 100 g skein of Malabrigo Sock, so I still have a fair amount left plus a full skein. I made the large size, although as hats go, it looks to be on the smaller side to me, but I'm sure it'll fit someone's head and that's the goal.
Progress also was made on my sweater:
Several inches of the body have been knit, but because it's in stockinette, it's rolling up quite a bit. Some time this week I plan to try it on to be sure everything is fitting as it should.
It's going to be a mostly typical week for me, the exception being an in-person-only staff meeting on Tuesday that will require me to walk into the office twice to attend both that meeting and my regular team meeting and take Ruthie out for her midday walk; on the upside, they're giving us lunch during the staff meeting. The weather forecast for the week ahead is looking dry and cool, so I think I may even get to break out some handknits!
I am so glad that your vaccine aftermath was not so bad! It was the most amazing weekend... the weather was perfection! And your sweater looks like perfection as well!! Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't really have a serious reaction to the vaccine. Sounds like a good weekend to me and your sweater is gorgeous. Nice job on the hat as well!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got your covid vaccine, with the added benefit of a nap. I have an appt. for covid and flu next Monday and I'm also looking forward to a post-shot nap. I do like the pattern in the hat and your sweater looks lovely. Here's to a good week!
ReplyDelete