Pages

Friday, March 17, 2006

Knitting Update

Call me anticlimactic if you will; I still haven't finished Blanche-Neige. I did some seaming last night and sewed in one sleeve plus one side seam. I'm having a weird issue with the underarm area of the sleeve being too big for the corresponding area of the front and back pieces. Anyone else have this problem and have any advice? I'm going to try to get through the rest of the finishing this weekend, if I have time (read on for further explanation). My goal is to wear it to work one day next week.

In the meantime I've been knitting socks -- I cast on for sock #2 of my second pair of Jaywalkers after finishing J's first sock -- and answering e-mails. I've had several knitters e-mail me about this sweater after they saw my postings about it. Rose has been keeping me updated on hers; go take a look at the pictures of her finished sweater and take an extra close look at those adorable buttons! I've also had an inquiry about Blanche from a knitter getting ready to start it. (Hi Laura! I will reply to your e-mail soon, I promise!)

This weekend is going to be crazy one. I am working tomorrow morning and then have an associates' meeting Sunday morning, and I told a family friend I would do a freelance proofreading job for her that may take as long as 12 hours (because I guess I thought I wasn't doing enough proofing during the week?!) J is going to San Diego this weekend, which I'm not happy about because I'll miss him, but it's probably the best weekend he could go away considering I don't need anything else in my schedule. I will need my knitting time to relax, that's for sure.

Finally, I have to say a big thank you to my darling J for helping me get those long-overdue thumbnails of my 2006 FO's up in the sidebar. I can't do it because I don't have Photoshop on my computer, so he was nice enough to use his computer and take the 30 or so minutes last weekend to take care of them. Ironically, he forgot to put up the thumbnail of his socks!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and happy St. Paddy's day to all you Irish out there.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, thank you so much for mentioning me in your post. I am learning more daily about how to add links, etc. to my blog, but thus far you're the only contact I've made. I appreciate you promoting my blog and for the compliment on the baby sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be a set-in sleeve. That is the sleeve is bigger than the arm hole. Set-in sleeves are pleated or folded over at the top to give more structure to the sleeve. I usually do two little pleats, about an inch from the shoulder seam, although you can also do one pleat right on the seam. The pleat is basically the extra sleeve material folded over. If you have sewn tailored patterns in fabric, the set-in sleeve is common; instead of pleats there is usually gathers.

    ReplyDelete